Sunday, July 20, 2008

Blues on the riverfront

The 10th Annual Riverhead Blues Festival seems to be a smash success. Great day yesterday. Fantastic lineup of talent. The closing band last night was just awesome. Tonight will rock again, with fireworks after the show.

Stop by the Times/Review tent on the riverfront side of the venue (right next to the LI Blues Society tent). We've got a guitar hero contest going on and (FREE) raffles for a $150 Stop & Shop gift card and 4 tickets to a LI Ducks baseball game. We're also giving away caps, pens, pads and SUNSCREEN.

Bluesfest is a fantastic riverfront party. There should be at least one more riverfront party like this every summer. It proves that if you give people a REASON to come to downtown Riverhead, they will flock there in droves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Denise, I'm so happy to have read the last paragraph because it is exactly what I have in mind and what I want to do if I will be able to pull off my senior project at Ross. Im not sure if you read my comment about your other post regarding reopening The Suffolk Theater, but this exactly what I have in mind as well. Please let me know if I can contact you by phone or email. I really need your advice and expertise on the topic.
My school email is thoge@ross.org
My number is 631-903-5220

Thank you I hope we can work together on this important endeavor. I have lots of ideas on how to make it work and I need somebody like you to support me,Especially in the beginning

Thank you Hope to hear from you soon
Taylor